If you have a troubling garage door and would like to know how to repair it successfully, read on. 70% of garage door problems are due to malfunctioning of the spare parts. You may need to replace the spare parts with a few issues. But in most cases, you don’t have to replace the spare parts. You just have to simply service your garage door.
Some of the garage door problems can be solved on your own. But it is inadvisable to do so unless you’re an expert yourself. Dealing with garage doors isn’t safe. It’s not something that you should do yourself if you have no experience.
Even the experts have hurt themselves in the process when repairing garage doors. You need the guidance of an expert all through the way. Trying to do it yourself might result in you injuring yourself or someone else in the family.
Here are some easy and effective ways to repair a garage door successfully…
1. Study the problem – Identifying the cause of the garage door issue will help you determine if you need to call in a professional or if it’s a problem that you can fix yourself. Is the door not opening at all? Or does it open partially? Is it a nut and bolts issue? Using a garage door often can lead to loosening of nuts and bolts.
If it’s a nut and bolts issue, it can be safe to fix it yourself as long as you have a person to assist you with and you are taking some basic precautions (helmet). If there are any bumps and dents on the metal tracks, you can fix it by hammering the door on the other side. But for all other problems, make sure that you get in touch with a professional garage door repair service immediately. Do not try to fix other things yourself.
2. Check the power supply – Checking the power supply of your garage door is the most important thing to do. If your garage door doesn’t open at all or opens partially, it could be a power issue. Without uninterrupted power supply, your garage door won’t work. Check for loose connections. Make sure that you disconnect the door from it’s power source when repairing your garage door.
3. Try Lubricating – If you find that your garage door is opening partially, lubricating the tracks and rollers might make it work for you. There are lubrication sprays available. If you have coconut oil at hand, you can use it too. It’s a great lubricant.
Lubricating all the movable parts of your garage door is something you need to do on a regular basis. We highly recommend that you clean your garage door once or twice a month and lubricate all the movable parts after cleaning.
4. Your system – There are various kinds of garage doors. Depending on the opener system, you may be able to rectify the problem yourself. There are two kinds of garage door openers:
– Standard extension garage gate
– Torsion spring
With the standard extension garage gate, make sure that you check if there are any broken cables. There may be broken springs and rollers as well. If your garage door uses a torsion spring, the fix isn’t easy. You will have to call in an expert for the task.
90% of garage door problems cannot be fixed without expert counsel. Trying to fix the problem yourself can cause grievous injury to yourself or anybody else involved. Don’t hesitate to call a garage door repair service to fix your problem.
If you’d like to get your garage door fixed, call Sun Cities Garage Door service at the following number: (623) 878-5785.